The Village Garden Club of Sewickley was founded in 1927 to “encourage an interest in gardens and gardening, further the knowledge and preservation of our native flora, and to work to prevent our natural resources from being destroyed or exploited”. We remain committed to supporting these founding principles through the activities of our Conservation, Flower Arranging, Horticulture, and Photography committees at the local, regional and national levels.
The Village Garden Club is the only garden club in the Sewickley Valley that is affiliated with The Garden Club of America. This affiliation reflects our commitment to support our mission not only in the Sewickley Valley but at the state and national level. More than half of our annual fundraising efforts support Garden Club of America initiatives, and our members hold influential zone and national positions at GCA. In addition, The Village Garden Club is a member of the Sewickley Civic Garden Council with which we support local civic beautification projects.
The Club maintains multiple projects and relationships to support the community, including: Allegheny Land Trust, Fern Hollow Nature Center, Osborne Elementary gARTen Club, Penguin Bookshop, Pittsburgh Botanical Garden, Sewickley Heights Park, Sewickley Public Library, Sewickley Valley YMCA, and the Sisters of St. Joseph - Miriam's Garden. For further information on these projects and others please follow the links to our committee pages.
For additional information please
Mail: P.O. Box 13, Leetsdale, PA 15056